I am passionate about helping teachers & school leaders reflect on their practices so that ALL learners are engaged in authentic learning experiences that integrate global connections, digital literacy, creativity, collaboration, compassion, & community to promote student agency. A multi-level approach is needed for this type of comprehensive school redesign:
Level 1: On a broad level, we should be leveraging resources and strengthening the practices of teachers & school leaders via networked learning communities.
Level 2: At the school level, we should be encouraging and strengthening school based professional learning community initiatives to build relationships and foster teacher driven collaboration.
Level 3: At the classroom level we should be teaching school leaders, teachers and students how best to share their voice utilizing the power of digital tools and social media through more authentic, engaging and rigorous learning tasks that are grounded in place and culture.
When all three levels are activated and working in synergy, true transformation happens!
- Pepperdine University, Malibu – Ed.D. Learning Technologies 2011
- University of California, Los Angeles – M.Ed. Teacher Education 1990
- University of California, Los Angeles – B.A. Political Science/International Relations 1988
- California Professional Clear Teaching Credential (Social Studies 6-12)
- California Bilingual Cross-Cultural Teaching Credential (K-Adult)
- Hawaii Teacher’s License (Social Studies 5-12/ESL PK-12)
- HCWYC Registry License (PreSchool Director/Teacher)
Deeper Learning, Hack Mindset, Networked Learning Communities,1:1 Initiatives, GSuite, Digital Storytelling
Contact Me: firstname.lastname@example.org or Follow @lisamireles on Twitter.